French research landscape
Information below aims to inform the AFRAN community about French strategic priorities and policy developments in science and innovation. This section also presents the main university and research actors in France.
French research priorities:
- The White Paper on higher education and research (2017) was presented to Najat Vallaud-Belkacem, the Minister of National Education, Higher Education and Research and to Thierry Mandon, State Secretary for Higher Education and Research on January 31, 2017. The paper offers a review of the first steps implemented for the national research strategy and the national higher education strategy. It highlights possible future issues and prioritizes the actions that are part of the 10-year strategies. It also establishes a budgetary program on a short and middle term basis, for the implementation of the research and higher education strategies. The national research strategy is oriented towards the innovation and the valorization of research results that help our society, but also towards the scientific, technical and industrial culture. More.
- France Europe 2020, a strategic agenda (2013): The stake in the France Europe Agenda 2020 is to allow French research, in all its diversity, to answer 10 big scientific, technological, economic and societal challenges of the coming decades. Strategic Agenda.
- Industrie du futur-Industry of the future (2015): The project Industry of the Future, launched by the President of the French Republic François Hollande on April 14 2015, will play an essential role in the second phase of the initiative ‘New Industrial France’ with the objective of enabling each company to modernize its industrial tools and to change its economic model through modern technology. Industry of the Future.
- The national roadmap for research infrastructures (2016): In order to provide the Minister of National Education, Higher Education and Research with the necessary tools to manage main research instruments, a centralized spreadsheet of the main French research infrastructures was created for the first time in 2008.It was then further updated in 2012 and in 2016. More about the Roadmap.
- The state of higher education and research in France (2015) assesses the French system of higher education and research in order to develop statistics and gauge its place at an international level in comparison to other education systems. This allows for the possibility of following the evolution of the French education system in the long term. More.
- The innovation Report in France (2016):
This report allows us to view France’s innovation capacity in comparison to the rest of the world, thanks to 30 indicators. To see the report.
French research actors:
- French Universities and Research Institutions:French Research Landscape Facts
- Overview of the CNRS cooperation with Australia :
- on the CNRS Website
- New joint CNRS laboratories France-Australia labellized in 2016:
- LIA REDOCHROM : CNRS ANU-UWA : Organo-metallic assemblies redox-active and multipolar for photonics and molecular electronics
- LIA CANECEV : Deakin University: Roles of cancer in Ecology and Evolution
- LIA GEDESIK : University of Melbourne -Geometry Driven Signal and Image Processing
- LIA NANOCLUSTERS : University of Split and the University of Melbourne – Biosensors and reactivity
- Joint labs CNRS-industry: Joint Lab CNRS Industry report 2017