Category Archives: Job
The French Higher Education Aeronautical and Space institute ISAE-SUPAERO offers a set of programs which can be recommended to Australian candidates, and in particular:
1) Master of Science in Aerospace engineering (with 6 majors including Space Systems).
Refer to one of two attached brochure for details.
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or science.
The admission schedule is given hereafter : https://www.isae-supaero.fr/en/academics/master-s-degree-msc/admissions/
2) Advanced Masters
Several programs linked to the space field can be of particular interest:
MS TAS Astro in Space systems engineering
MS SPAPS in Space applications and services (in cooperation with Airbus Defence and Space)
MS EMS in Embedded systems
MS SEN in Systems engineering
MS APM in Aerospace projects management
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree completed by 3 years of professional experience, or a master’s degree (or an equivalent degree).
The admission schedule is given hereafter : https://www.isae-supaero.fr/en/academics/advanced-masters/admissions/
The applications shall be done as soon as possible on https://candidatures.isae-supaero.fr/
The following documents are required: CV, cover letter, copy of the highest diploma or certificate of enrollment, transcripts for the 3 last years, passport copy.
Also 2 letters of recommendation shall be sent directly by referees to: email@example.com
Theses academic programs start beginning of September.
For any enquiries on applications, please contact Mr. Phillipe Galaup (firstname.lastname@example.org), Mr. Mickael Le Roux (Mikael.LE-ROUX@isae.fr) or Mr. Mikhail Stepanov (Mikhail.STEPANOV@isae-supaero.fr) from recruitment department.
More about ISAE-SUPAERO :
– Founded in 1909, ISAE-SUPAERO is a major world actor in the training of engineers and masters students in Aerospace, and is the leader in Europe (20% of European graduates in Aerospace).
– The program is fully in English and the teaching is given by renowned experts from industry and research.
– The participants will benefit from an international experience in Toulouse, the aerospace capital of Europe with more than 600 companies in aeronautical and space sector, and 25% of European workforce in space
– Each program includes a 6 month internship in international space agencies or companies. In particular the applicants from Australia will have the possibility to perform a paid internship at the French space agency (CNES) in Toulouse or Paris, which will contribute to financing
– Connection to ISAE-SUPAERO alumni network of 19000 graduates around the world (67 countries), with many of them at high level positions
The Centre for Integrative Biology of Toulouse launches its annual calls for the recruitment of new group leaders.
In order to complement/reinforce its research endeavors in an inspiring, collaborative and cutting-edge environment, the CBI is seeking new talented group leaders, addressing:
- Computational modeling and data Analysis, including computational analysis of large data-sets, network analyses, physics and mathematical modeling connected to research themes of the CBI. AO CBI 2018 New group CSB call
- Cellular and Developmental Biology; existing groups are interested in a variety of topics including morphogenesis and biophysics, progenitor/stem cell biology and regulatory circuits using model organisms. AO CBI 2018 New Group CBD Call
- Biology of microorganisms, including bacteria, archaea and their viruses; existing groups are developing an integrative analysis of a variety of key and fundamental aspects of these microorganisms, including genetic transformation, membrane protein biogenesis, RNA and protein quality control, genome dynamics, evolution and genomics, and gene regulatory networks. AO CBI 2018 New Group MIC Call
Candidates should be at early career stage. Senior researchers holding a permanent position in France are also welcome to apply.
Applications (about 10 pages, in English) should be sent before June 14, 2018, as a single file named LASTNAME_CBI2017_CSB or CBD or MIC call.pdf to email@example.com and should include (i) a cover letter, (ii) a CV, (iii) three reference letters and (iv) a summary of achievements and future research interests.
Make Our Planet Great Again proposes 4 programs to welcome international students and researchers in France
France’s ministries of Europe and foreign affairs (MEAE) and of higher education, research, and innovation (MESRI) have implemented a program of support for:
Master’s excellence grants: to encourage international students to pursue master’s-level training in earth systems, climate change and sustainability, or the energy transition at French institutions of higher education. Application period: 12 March to 6 April 2018
- 3-year Doctoral contracts: to support foreign doctoral candidates wishing to complete a PhD in France on a topic related to earth systems, climate change and sustainability, or the energy transition. Application period: 12 to 30 March 2018
12- to 24-month postdoctoral research contracts: to support foreign postdoctoral researchers wishing to conduct further research in France on a topic related to earth systems, climate change and sustainability, or the energy transition. Application period: 12 March to 6 April 2018
Short stays (14 days to 5 months) for foreign researchers: to support short stays in French research institutions for foreign scientists seeking to do research on a topic related to earth systems, climate change and sustainability, or the energy transition. Application period: 12 March to 6 April 2018
The Pacific Islands Universities Research Network Committee is recruting for one year under the contract of Volontariat de Solidarité Internationale (VSI) an organiser of network.
His/her missions will be:
- to streghten the common knowledge of the members (territorie / countries, institutions, stakeholders)
- to animate the network and identify hints for cooperation in the field of research, traning and mobility (for students or researchers)
- to develop scientific collaborative projects coordinated by members (administrative ou scientific members of the network)
- to identify calls for projects that are adapted to members projects and participate to the application with the coordinating members
- to participate to the organisatin of the third PIURN Conference
This position is based in the South Pacific University in Fidji.
More information on this link
The Livestock Environmental Assessment and Performance (LEAP) initiative is a multi-stakeholder partnership between governments, the private sector and NGOs/CSOs, with the common objective to improve the environmental performance of livestock supply chains, whilst ensuring its economic and social viability. LEAP focuses on the development of guidelines, methods and indicators to better measure, understand, and improve the environmental performance of livestock supply chains.
The LEAP is recruiting candiates with experience and background in the area of environmental assessment of livestock supply chains, for the following profiles:
- A manager of the LEAP Partnership
- A technical experts on environmental assessment of livestock supply chains
- A technical expert on soil carbon stocks modelling
- Experts to support the road-testing and dissemination of LEAP products
More information on this link
A collaboration between scientists of Australian (University of Adelaide and Australian National University in Canberra), French (CEA-Saclay) and US (University of Tennessee) laboratories has obtained an Australian Research Center Discovery Grant for three years to investigate the “Foundations of the nuclear force, nuclear structure and dynamics”.
This project aims to investigate a profound problem in physics: the structure and interactions of atomic nuclei in terms of their microscopic constituents.
It is expected to improve our understanding of the structure and dynamics of nuclei, their formation in the cosmos, neutron star properties, and underpins future nuclear technologies.
The collaboration, led by Prof. Anthony Thomas, is seeking a Research Associate to work in the Centre for the Subatomic Structure of Matter (CSSM) in Adelaide.
This position will be of interest to theorists working in nuclear theory and the project will be focused on the development of the Quark Meson Coupling model and its application to nuclear structure and reactions as well as neutron stars.
The Australian National University’s Autonomy, Agency and Assurance Innovation Institute (3A Institute) is hiring Postdoctoral Research Fellows and Associate Professors. If you want to work collaboratively and across disciplines on a transformative project, make sure you apply:
- Research Fellow positions: http://jobs.anu.edu.au/cw/en/job/518652/research-fellow
- Associate Professor positions: http://jobs.anu.edu.au/cw/en/job/518876/associate-professor
The ambition of the 3A Institute is to bring together the world’s best researchers from a range of disciplines to build a new applied science around the management of artificial intelligence, data and technology and of their impact on humanity. It is headed by Professor Genevieve Bell, one of the world’s leading technologists and Senior Fellow at Intel Corporation.
By offering a significant support, the call for proposal “Recruiting emerging leaders in Oncology” welcomes new scientific talents in France to set up their research teams in translational research.
Projects must be in line with the ARC Foundation’s scientific strategy for accelerating discoveries, developing new treatments, preventive and therapeutic approaches in the field of oncology with a translational part.
Launch of the call for projects: October 2017
Return of complete files presented by the host structure: March 20th 2018
Audition of pre-selected projects by an international ad hoc committee: Mid May 2018
Final selection by the ARC Foundation: June 2018
Installation of the new team: starting 2nd semester 2018
More information on the ARC Foundation web page
Being an INRA researcher means supporting the Institute in its commitment to open science with digital tools. INRA uses open competitions to recruit experienced researchers who are proficient at designing and conducting research projects.
Applications are open from 3 July to 30 August (online applications) or 1st September (paper applications) 2017.
The call for new PhD students at CBI-Toulouse will close on July 31, 2017.
Students with a Master degree or equivalent are welcome to applicate.
Please find the details in the attached file: CBI PhD call 2017