Call for the second International Spring School on Governing Climate Change: Polycentricity in Action
The Spring School, which will take place in March 2018, is aimed at Early Career Researchers (i.e. PhD students, Research Masters students, and researchers that have obtained their PhD <7 years ago)with an interest in developing expertise around climate change policy and governance.
Using a flipped classroom model in which participants prepare online first and then engage with some of the top academics in the field, the Spring School will cover:
- The notion and practical expression of polycentric governance in the specific context of climate change
- Conceptual frameworks surrounding the notion of governance inventions, their diffusion and evaluation
- Policy entrepreneurs, experiments, proof of principle and instrument constituencies as they relate to governance interventions
- Diffusion of governance inventions, including internal and external drivers, barriers and post adoption adaptations
- Evaluation, including outputs and outcomes
- The role of political power and knowledge
- Methods for studying innovations in climate governance
INOGOV International Spring School
Governing Climate Change: Polycentricity in Action?
Open University of the Netherlands
5-8 March 2018, Heerlen, The Netherlands
Deadline for applications – 15th October 2017
More information on this link