Call – An AFRAN response to the Innovation & Science Australia 2030 Strategic Plan Issue Paper
Please join us for an opportunity to help shape Australia’s “2030 Strategic Plan for the Australian innovation, science and research system”.
What is it about?
The Australian Government has tasked Innovation and Science Australia with developing a Strategic Plan for the Australian innovation, science and research system out to 2030. The Strategic Plan will aim to contribute to the wellbeing and prosperity of all Australians by ensuring that Australia reaches its innovation potential.
The Strategic Plan will build on the findings of Innovation and Science Australia’s Performance Review of the Australian Innovation, Science and Research system.
It will describe what Australia’s innovation system should look like in 2030 and will make recommendations as to how Australia can get there. It will also outline how our progress can be evaluated. The 2030 Strategic Plan will be delivered to government in the last quarter of 2017.
What is the opportunity?
Innovation and Science Australia has released an Issues Paper which nominates six challenges we see as central to shaping the strategy, and suggests themes and questions for discussion. Until 31 May 2017, ISA is seeking feedback on these challenges:
- are they the right ones?
- Has ISA missed something?
- how can ISA move from ideas to actions?
What can we do?
Innovation, Science and Research are topics that we are all passionate about! What is more, the variety and experience of our members give AFRAN a unique point of view in this discussion. AFRAN, with the support of the Embassy of France in Australia, has the opportunity to prepare and submit a high level response to this consultation and raise the profile of AFRAN with high-level stakeholders.
How to do it?
- Members’ input: Send your feedback on the ISA Issues Paper by 9am (AEST) on Monday 15 May to email@example.com (AFRAN Secretary). Please let us know if you would like to be identified as a contributor or remain anonymous.
- Drafting: We will compile your responses in a single document by CoB on Friday 19 May
- Review: The AFRAN draft will be posted on the AFRAN website for review and feedback until 9am (AEST) on Monday 29 may
- Finalising: The document will be formatted to include an introduction by the Embassy of France in Australia, then submitted to ISA.
If you have any questions, please contact AFRAN Secretary Thomas Biedermann: Thomas.firstname.lastname@example.org